Wine, Port, Champagne & Whisky
- Registration & Bidding opened: Saturday, 16th September 2023 from 10:00am
- Bidding Closed: Wednesday, 20th September 2023 from 12:00pm
Closing 20th September from 12 noon
Bidding Opens: Saturday 16th September at 10am.
This is a timed online auction only - Please do not attend the site, as no live auction is taking place.
PLEASE NOTE: Lots in this sale finish in 30 second intervals. The sale starts to close at 12 noon 20th September until 5pm.
To download a printable auction catalogue click HERE
REMARKS & SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF SALE (Supplementary to our Terms & Conditions, linked above)
This is a TRADE AUCTION only. No bids should be made by any bidder in their capacity as a consumer.
Please note the following:
- A Deposit of £500 will need to be paid to participate in this Timed Online Auction.
- All deposits are to be paid via Sagepay. No deposits will be taken over the phone. This is a “reserved payment” system whereby your money will only be taken when you have successfully purchased or become the highest bidder on a lot and goes towards the total purchase price. The purchaser will then be responsible to pay the remaining amount due.
- Upon failure of compliance with the Conditions, money deposited in payment will be forfeited and the Lots which may remain uncleared after the time aforesaid will be sold by public or private sale, without notice to the former Purchaser and the deficiency (if any) by such second sale, together with all charges attending the same, shall be made good by the defaulter at this sale.
- Unsuccessful purchasers should note that refunds of deposits can take approximately 3 - 5 days, you will get an email at the time we have processed the release from our side and please check with you bank to ensure they do not have a longer return policy.
TIPS ON BIDDING
Register early and don’t bid late! And please note the following:
- Bids cannot be withdrawn at any time. All bids are contractually binding. The highest bidder to be the Purchaser and no bidding shall be retracted after the hammer has fallen. The Auctioneers reserve the right to refuse any bidding and in the event of any dispute the Lot may be up again at the Auctioneers’ discretion.
- If your bid has the value up to or at the reserve, the bid will be taken at it's maximum to the reserve.
- If the lot has no reserve or if your bid is forced above the reserve by other bidders, then our increment system comes into play and you will see what the next minimum bid can be on the bid page. If your maximum bid is above the increment, the bid will go to the increment, unless someone thereafter forces the bid up to your maximum. Bidders cannot place a bid with the same maximum that someone else has already placed, so a warning will tell you if your bid is the same. You may pay less than your maximum bid if you win, therefore, depending on other bidders.
- Further tips on bidding in this auction can be found in our Guide To Timed Auctions HERE.
INVOICING AND PAYMENTS
The sale will start to close from 12 noon on Wednesday 20th September, each lot will end 30 seconds apart. If your bid wins, you must buy. Your bid on an auction is a legally binding contract, including provisional sales (highest bid below reserve). For provisional sales, bidders will be contacted after the sale to confirm if these are accepted. All items must be paid for within 48 hours of invoicing. Your deposit will be lost if you fail to pay for a lot. Payment will be taken by bank transfer, terms will be sent with the email invoice.
BUYERS FEES & VAT
All Lots are subject to Buyers Premium of 17.5% + VAT. Only sale prices and our standard buyers fees (buyers premium) will apply. If applicable, the VAT status applied to the hammer price is shown in the lot description.
COLLECTION/DELIVERY OF PURCHASES
COLLECTION BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. NO APPOINTMENT – NO COLLECTION – PLEASE DO NOT SEND YOUR HAULIER WITHOUT AN APPOINTMENT. If you wish, we will gladly help with and arrange your delivery for you through certified hauliers. Quotes for transportation costs can be obtained by request. All items are located at Brightwells, Easters Court, Leominster, Herefordshire, HR6 0DE, unless otherwise stated within the lot description (ie all lots In Bond). All collections and deliveries will be handled in a ‘contactless manner’, with vehicles undergoing monitored quarantine periods and cleaning of handles and main controls etc.
During the Government Isolation Period items can be stored with us free of charge. You will need to insure your goods from the point of purchase, by law.
ITEMS SOLD UNDER BOND
Some lots are held under bond. All items purchased under bond are only available for transfer under bond to a buyer with a bond account. Bond transfers will be subject to a £1 per lot administration charge and any delivery charges will be passed on to the buyer after the sale. The buyer may also be liable for an administration charge from the issuing bond. Brightwells can assist in setting up bond accounts for buyers if required.
The catalogue abbreviations you will find within lot descriptions are explained below:
Labels & Foil:
bsl: Bin Soiled
cdl: Cellar Damaged
slstl: Slight Stained Label
disl: Disintegrated Label
foil: Foil/Capsule Damaged
nf: Not Filtered
ib: in Bond
oc: Original Carton
owc: Original Wooden Case
Wine Levels (Mirrington Level Indicator) :
hf: High Fill
in: Into Neck
ts: Very Top Shoulder
ts: Top Shoulder
us: Upper Shoulder
ms: Mid Shoulder
ls: Low Shoulder
bls: Below Low Shoulder
Health & Safety – When customers come on site, we expect them to read our signage, listen to social distancing and cleaning requirements outlined by our staff and to abide by our risk assessments/notices. Failure to do so will result in being asked to leave our site, as we take the safety of our customers and staff to be our highest priority.
RECOMMENDED HARDWARE & SOFTWARE – Our website is built with the newest coding to provide security and the best experience. Older hardware and software that is not supported by manufacturers and providers is always best avoided, so we recommend that you use this IT specification to help you to bid:
- A stable internet/4G internet connection is essential
- Desktop/Laptop minimum browser requirements: Edge 15+, Chrome 55+, Firefox 52+, Opera 42+ or Safari 11+
- Mobile/Tablet minimum browser requirement: IOS 11+, Samsung Internet 6.2+, UC Browser for Android 12.12 +
1 bottle of Petrus 2002 Pomerol (in, slight bsl, slight foil scuffs). No VAT.
2 bottles of Chateau Haut Brion 1988 Graves (2.5cm + 1.2cm from base of foil, both bsl). No VAT.
1 magnum of Petrus 1983 Pomerol, in presentation box. (in, bsl, damaged capsule, slight capsule corrosion). No VAT.
1 Imperial (6L) of Chateau Mouton Rothschild 1990 Pauillac. (in, bsl, small marks on capsule). No VAT.
1 bottle of Chateau Mouton Rothschild 1982 Pauillac (vts, bsl, small nicks to capsule). No VAT.
12 bottles of Carruades de Lafite 1996 Pauillac, in owc. (all in, some damage to owc). No VAT.
1 bottle of Chateau Lafite-Rothschild 1982 Pauillac (us, slight bsl, slight foil damage). No VAT.
1 bottle of Chateau Haut-Brion 2010 Pessac-Leognan (in). No VAT.
1 bottle of Chateau Ausone 2002 Saint-Emilion (in, slight bsl). No VAT.
6 magnums of Chateau Lynch Bages 2005 Pauillac, owc (all in). No VAT.
6 magnums of Chateau Lynch Bages 2005 Pauillac, owc (all in, 1 slight bsl). No VAT.
1 bottle of Chateau Lafite Rothschild 1988 Pauillac (in, slight bsl, slight foil scuff). No VAT.
1 bottle of Grand Vin De Chateau Latour 1997 Pauillac (in, slight bsl). No VAT.
1 bottle of Chateau Haut Brion 1983 Graves (3cm from base of foil, bsl). No VAT.
1 bottle of Chateau Cos D'Estournel 1978 Saint-Estephe (ts, slight bsl). No reserve. No VAT.
1 bottle of Chateau Mouton Rothschild 1982 Pauillac (ts, bsl). No VAT.
1 bottle of Chateau Mouton Rothschild 1981 Pauillac (ts, bsl). No VAT.
2 bottles of Chateau Mouton Rothschild 2004 Pauillac, to celebrate the 100th anniversary of The Entente Cordiale (1 with scuffed front and rear labels); 1 bottle of Chateau
12 bottles of Chateau Cissac 2014 Haut-Medoc, owc (2 slight bsl). No VAT.
10 bottles of Chateau Cantemerle 2000 Haut-Medoc, owc (all in). No VAT.