1948 Lea-Francis 14hp
Original Lea-Francis sales demonstrator in 1948; running and driving although full restoration is required
Significant research has been made into the history of this car to assist its new owner in restoring its original registration number GKV 306 to the car. It is currently not recognised by the DVLA, although the car has been inspected and verified by the Lea-Francis club and paperwork completed so one would think/hope that re-registering it back on to its original number should not prove too hard.
According to the club, this saloon was originally the sales demonstrator for both Lea-Francis themselves and a garage named Harvey & Harvey until 1951, when it had an early engine change and was purchased by its first private owner from Leamington Spa.
There is no recorded history from then until 2003. At that time, its owner decided to restore it, making a good start on the chassis, although due to ill health, he was unable to continue.
Passing through several hands, it ended up in Northern Ireland, the poor Leaf was not getting the attention she deserved, that is, until our vendor's family took pity on it and purchased it in 2017.
Bought as a non-runner, they have now had it fired up, with working brakes and steering (see video). Two new front tyres have also been fitted recently. The car is finished in primer in preparation for repainting in its original black gloss finish. The interior is still in need of complete restoration, although the major components are all present.
A rare model to find, it looks like a great opportunity for an amateur or professional restorer to get their teeth stuck into.
Contact - firstname.lastname@example.org
* All charges are subject to VAT